News and Notes
Posts for tag: Skin Care
It doesn’t matter how good your skincare products are, if they’re not the right ones for your type of skin or you’re not using them properly, then you won’t see any benefit. That’s why developing a good skincare routine is crucial. Dr. Michael Saruk of the Delaware Valley Dermatology Group LLC is a board-certified dermatologist based in Wilmington, DL. He knows the importance of developing a good skincare routine, and he can help you create one too.
Tips on the Best Skincare Routine
The most important thing about using a skincare routine is getting things in the right order. This is what will ensure that you make the most of your skincare products and will leave your face looking healthy and glowing.
- Cleanse your face: You should do this at the beginning of the day and in the evening before you go to bed. If you wear makeup, remove that first. Use a mild cleanser to suit your skin type. Make sure you rub the cleanser all over your face and rinse well with warm water. Pat your face dry with a soft towel. You can use an exfoliating cleanser once or twice per week, depending on your skin type.
- Use a toner: If you use a toner, apply it after cleansing. A few drops on a sponge or cotton pad is enough to tone your whole face.
- Add serum: If you use a serum to promote anti-aging and reduce the signs of wrinkles, it should be applied in the morning after you have toned your skin. An antioxidant serum will help to protect your skin from free radicals. If you use a hydrating serum, the best time to apply it is at night.
- Apply acne treatment: If you are using an acne treatment, the best time to apply it is during your evening skincare routine. This will allow your body to make the most of it while it is in repair mode overnight.
- Apply moisturizer: As well as rehydrating your skin, moisturizer also locks in the other protective layers you have added. In the morning, use a lightweight moisturizer. At night you can use a heavier cream.
- Apply sunscreen: If your moisturizer does not have sunscreen factored in, you should add one that has an SPF of at least 15. Remember, this is the most important part of your skincare routine.
Our Wilmington Office Can Help
If you need advice about your skincare routine, call Dr. Saruk at (302) 478-8532. You can also find out more about other dermatology services in Wilmington, DL.
What your dermatologist in Wilmington wants you to know
Your skin can either help you look younger, or older, depending on how well you care for it. Proper skin care is a must to keep you looking great and feeling great. Your skin is important to your appearance, but it also performs the important function of protecting your vital organs. So, how do you properly care for your skin? Dr. Michael Saruk at Delaware Valley Dermatology Group in Wilmington, DE, wants to share what it takes to keep your skin looking beautiful.
The steps you take every day provide the foundation for beautiful, healthy skin. Just remember to do this every day:
- Cleanse your skin using mild products like foaming cleansers or gels. Avoid soaps which can dry your skin.
- Pat your skin gently, leaving a small amount of moisture on the surface of your skin.
- Use alcohol-free toners to help balance the pH of your skin.
- Use a moisturizer with at least SPF 15 sunscreen every day.
If you live where the climate is hot and sunny, you need to add a few simple steps to your daily routine:
- Apply a sunscreen with at least SPF 30 when you are outside.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. This helps to keep your skin from becoming dry.
- Protect your vulnerable areas by wearing hats, glasses, and other clothing.
If you live where the climate is cold, add these additional steps to your routine:
- Use thick, alcohol-free cream or lotion moisturizer at least once each day.
- Avoid long, hot baths or showers because it can dry your skin.
You should also visit your dermatologist regularly to check for moles, abnormal tissue growths, and precancerous or cancerous lesions, especially if you have a family history of skin cancer. Your dermatologist is an expert at treating specific skin conditions including rashes, acne, rosacea, psoriasis, and other skin conditions.
Properly caring for your skin doesn’t have to be a complicated ritual, and it is well worth your time. You deserve to look your best, and it all begins with proper skin care. For more information about skin care and other dermatology services, call Dr. Saruk at Delaware Valley Dermatology Group in Wilmington, DE, today!