News and Notes
Posts for category: Dermatology Treatments
What Is a Cosmetic Dermatologist?
If you want the best-looking skin or you want to try an antiaging treatment, a cosmetic dermatologist is a medical expert you need to see. While a general dermatologist is perfect for diagnosing and treating skin and hair conditions, a cosmetic dermatologist specializes in areas such as reducing acne, making your skin look younger, improving thinning hair, and removing spider veins. Dr. Michael Saruk is a cosmetic dermatologist at Delaware Valley Dermatology Group in Wilmington, DE.
What a Cosmetic Dermatologist Can Do for You
As well as general dermatology diagnosis and treatment, Wilmington patients who visit doctor Saruk can choose from the following cosmetic procedures:
- Wrinkle relaxers: This includes Botox, Dysport, and Juveau treatments to reduce the early signs of aging.
- Dermal fillers: Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, Voluma, Vollure, and Restylane are used to reduce wrinkles around the eyes and mouth and forehead.
- Laser hair removal: This procedure can be used on the arms, legs, chest, and bikini line.
- Aesthetic peels: Glycolic and Salicylic peels can be used to reduce sun damage, age spots, and acne scars. They also leave the skin looking fresh and glowing.
- Facial contouring/skin tightening: Micro-needling techniques or Clearlift can be used to resurface the skin and provide a non-invasive means of rejuvenation.
- Removal of spider veins: Sclerotherapy is a non-invasive way to remove spider veins. It involves the injection of a chemical into the affected vein. This causes the veins to shrink so that they are no longer visible.
- Removal of skin discoloration: VBeam treatment can be used to eliminate skin redness caused by acne or rosacea. MedLite can be used to remove brown or dark areas of discoloration.
If you live in Wilmington, DE and you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Saruk, call him at (302) 478-8532. Dr. Saruk and his team are dedicated to providing general and cosmetic dermatological services.
There are so many options on the market for hair removal. Creams and razors do the job, but laser hair removal removes unwanted body hair and prevents the regrowth of new hair. The Delaware Valley Dermatology Group, LLC in Wilmington, DE can help you break free of the need for shaving, plucking and waxing.
What should I expect during treatment?
While receiving treatment at our Wilmington, DE location, you will receive compassionate, professional care. We are happy to answer all the questions you may have and make suggestions that will assist in helping you get the best results possible.
Some considerations about laser hair removal are:
- If you are accustomed to daily shaving or plucking, you will need to stop while receiving treatment.
- Avoid heat and heat-inducing activities after the procedure.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight or going out without SPF.
- Most patients require two to six treatments.
- Avoid certain over-the-counter medications, as they might increase inflammation.
Am I a good candidate for laser hair removal?
Initially, lasers found it challenging to locate the hair follicle in certain skin types. This was because the machine often could not determine the difference between the pigment in the skin and pigment in the hair follicle.
New developments in laser technology have allowed for a more accurate determination of hair follicles, thereby allowing for a safer removal session. Most patients are good candidates for hair removal.
How long does it last?
Laser hair removal can last for months or even years at a time.
With repeated treatments, hair growth will be thinner and less noticeable. Because laser hair removal prevents future growth of body hair, upkeep will be easy. If you are ready to put down the shaving cream, contact Delaware Valley Dermatology Group, LLC in Wilmington, DE (302) 478-8532 for more details.
As we age, our faces begin to portray those years, causing smile lines, wrinkles, and other creases to appear. Fortunately, here at Delaware Valley Dermatology Group LLC in Wilmington, DE, Dr. Michael Saruk can use dermal fillers to help diminish those wrinkles and lines, restoring a more youthful look.
What Are Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are gel-like, injectable substances that are injected beneath the skin. They are able to restore volume, reduce wrinkles, and enhance facial contours. They are considered a safe and cost-effective way to look younger without the downtime that surgery can bring.
What You Can Expect During Treatment
Dermal filler injections are easy to administer, with the entire process resembling these two steps:
- Pre-Treatment Consultation: During this visit to our Wilmington office, you will discuss your aesthetic concerns and goals, and review your medical history with Dr. Michael Saruk. These actions ensure that you will be satisfied with your treatment options.
- Injectable Filler Treatment: The injection are will first be cleaned and numbed using a local anesthetic. Depending on the type of filler used and the area that is being treated, results should begin to show immediately. However, full effects won't be achieved until a few days later
What Dermal Fillers Can Do
- Enhance facial contours
- Soften wrinkles and creases
- Bring back facial symmetry
- Create the appearance of fuller lips
Delaware Valley Dermatology Group, LLC Has Solutions For You
We all age, but your face doesn’t have to show it. With the help of injectable dermal fillers and the many other cosmetic restoration techniques here at our office in Wilmington, DE, we can bring back your youth. Call us today at (302) 478-8532 to schedule your consultation.
Cosmetic surgery isn't the only way to fight the effects of aging. Here at Delaware Valley Dermatology Group in Wilmington, DE, your dermatologist, Dr. Michael Saruk, uses Botox treatment to minimize the fine lines and wrinkles that can make you look older—read on to learn more!
How does Botox work?
The muscles in your face contract every time you laugh, smile, frown, or make any other kind of dynamic expression. Eventually, permanent lines and wrinkles form in the skin over these contracting muscles. Botox injections address the problem by blocking the nerve impulses that cause muscle contraction. When the muscles don't contract, your skin smooths out, making lines and wrinkles much less noticeable.
What is the active ingredient in Botox?
Botox contains a small amount of purified Clostridium botulinum toxin. These injections have received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, ensuring that they are a completely safe way to temporarily reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Is Botox right for me?
Botox treatment is an excellent choice for many people. You may be a good candidate if you're in good health, at least 18 years old, and aren't pregnant or nursing.
Botox can help minimize:
- Lines Between the Eyes: Vertical lines between the eyes, an unmistakable sign of aging, can make you appear tired or angry. Botox minimizes the lines, refreshing your appearance.
- Crow's Feet: Botox is also a good choice if fine lines fan out from the edges of your eyes.
- Lines Around the Lips: Lines around your lips not only make you look older, but they may also cause your lipstick to bleed. After your treatment, you'll notice that your lip lines practically vanish.
- Forehead Furrows: Raising your eyebrows and making other facial expressions causes horizontal lines to form on your forehead. If you're self-conscious about wearing your hair off your head because of your furrows, you'll want to consider Botox treatment.
How long does Botox last?
Botox offers a temporary solution for treating fine lines and wrinkles. In most cases, the results of Botox treatment last for around three-to-six months. Results may vary depending on which area of the face is treated. Fortunately, it's easy to maintain your results simply by scheduling regular follow-up visits with your Wilmington skin doctor.
Interested? Give us a call
Would you like to look more youthful? Call your Dr. Michael Saruk of Delaware Valley Dermatology Group is here to help. Dial (302) 478-8532 today to schedule an appointment with your Wilmington, DE, dermatologist.
If the body had it's own personal fountain of youth, collagen and elastin production would be it. From helping to speed up the healing process for wounds, cuts, burns, sun damage, and acne scarring, young and fresh looking skin is all about the collagen. Along with a healthy lifestyle and a good skincare routine, a clear and youthful complexion needs collagen production to maintain its firmness and glow. But as we age, collagen and elastin production begin to slow down, resulting in fine lines and wrinkles and sagging, brittle skin. Cosmetic (also known as dermal) fillers help to keep your skin looking firm and youthful against the aging process. Dr. Michael Saruk, the dermatologist at Delaware Valley Dermatology Group LLC and the dermatology team provide a number of cosmetic and medical dermatology services in Wilmington, DE.
Look Younger with Dermal Fillers in Wilmington, DE
Fillers work a little differently than Botox, which temporarily paralyzes muscle movements in strategic areas to minimize the formation of lines and wrinkles. Fillers are also an injectable, but they add volume around the mouth and cheeks to "fill out" hollow or sagging skin and minimize the appearance of wrinkles. Fillers use hyaluronic acid, which like collagen is produced by the body and plays an important role in everything from wound healing to that youthful volume in the face.
Like collagen, the body's natural production of hyaluronic acid begins to slow down as part of the aging process. Fillers restore that lost volume, giving your skin an instant "boost" that can last for months at a time.
Some of the benefits of fillers include:
- Younger, plumper looking skin and lips
- Hydrated skin, a key to slowing down the appearance of wrinkles
- Can be preventive
- Look natural (when applied by a licensed professional and applied in moderation)
- Results from individual treatments can last for months
When used in conjunction with a good skincare routine, healthy diet and lifestyle, and protection from sun damage, fillers from your dermatologist can make you look and feel your best at any age.
Find a Dermatologist in Wilmington, DE
For more information about fillers and other skincare and dermatology services, contact Delaware Valley Dermatology Group LLC by calling (302) 478-8532 to schedule an appointment today.