News and Notes
Could you be an ideal candidate for cosmetic dermal fillers?
Have you started to notice a loss of volume in certain areas of the face? Maybe these early signs of aging are making you feel and look tired. Fortunately, our Wilmington, DE, dermatologist Dr. Michael Saruk can help refresh your appearance with dermal fillers.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are special cosmetic injectables that often contain hyaluronic acid, which serves to increase the volume within areas of the face such as the cheeks that hollow out as you get older. By plumping up areas of the face with dermal fillers we can make you look younger. Many people choose to get dermal fillers here in Wilmington, DE because they can get amazing results without having to go through surgery.
What can dermal fillers treat?
While fillers can be used to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, they can really offer some amazing benefits including,
- Filling out and improving volume within the cheeks
- Plumping up the lips
- Reducing the appearance of vertical lines around the lips
- Smoothing away creases, wrinkles and lines around the chin, nose and mouth
What types of dermal fillers do you offer?
Dr. Saruk and his team offer a wide range of dermal fillers, which can be used to target different lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging. Of course, the type of dermal filler that’s right for you will depend on your cosmetic needs and goals, which we can talk about during your consultation. Some of the dermal fillers we offer include,
- Juvederm: ideal for smoothing lines and wrinkles around the eyes, nose and mouth (can also be used to fill out acne scars)
- Juvederm Ultra Plus: can be used to enhance and plump up the lips and improve deeper wrinkles and folds
- Voluma: this type of Juvederm is used for restoring fullness and volume into the cheeks
- Volbella: great for reducing the appearance of vertical lip lines and for increasing fullness in the lips
- Vollure: great for targeting moderate marionette lines (lines around the nose and mouth) and nasolabial folds (the lines that form on either side of the mouth)
- Restylane: ideal for plumping up lips, as well as smoothing away more severe wrinkles, lines and folds around the mouth
- Restylane Lyft: volumizes cheeks and improves the shape and contour of the face while reducing the appearance of lines around the mouth and nose
Are you looking for a qualified skincare professional here in Wilmington, DE, that can take years off your appearance with dermal fillers? If so, call Delaware Valley Dermatology Group today at (302) 478-8532 to schedule a consultation with us.
What Is a Cosmetic Dermatologist?
If you want the best-looking skin or you want to try an antiaging treatment, a cosmetic dermatologist is a medical expert you need to see. While a general dermatologist is perfect for diagnosing and treating skin and hair conditions, a cosmetic dermatologist specializes in areas such as reducing acne, making your skin look younger, improving thinning hair, and removing spider veins. Dr. Michael Saruk is a cosmetic dermatologist at Delaware Valley Dermatology Group in Wilmington, DE.
What a Cosmetic Dermatologist Can Do for You
As well as general dermatology diagnosis and treatment, Wilmington patients who visit doctor Saruk can choose from the following cosmetic procedures:
- Wrinkle relaxers: This includes Botox, Dysport, and Juveau treatments to reduce the early signs of aging.
- Dermal fillers: Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, Voluma, Vollure, and Restylane are used to reduce wrinkles around the eyes and mouth and forehead.
- Laser hair removal: This procedure can be used on the arms, legs, chest, and bikini line.
- Aesthetic peels: Glycolic and Salicylic peels can be used to reduce sun damage, age spots, and acne scars. They also leave the skin looking fresh and glowing.
- Facial contouring/skin tightening: Micro-needling techniques or Clearlift can be used to resurface the skin and provide a non-invasive means of rejuvenation.
- Removal of spider veins: Sclerotherapy is a non-invasive way to remove spider veins. It involves the injection of a chemical into the affected vein. This causes the veins to shrink so that they are no longer visible.
- Removal of skin discoloration: VBeam treatment can be used to eliminate skin redness caused by acne or rosacea. MedLite can be used to remove brown or dark areas of discoloration.
If you live in Wilmington, DE and you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Saruk, call him at (302) 478-8532. Dr. Saruk and his team are dedicated to providing general and cosmetic dermatological services.
There are so many options on the market for hair removal. Creams and razors do the job, but laser hair removal removes unwanted body hair and prevents the regrowth of new hair. The Delaware Valley Dermatology Group, LLC in Wilmington, DE can help you break free of the need for shaving, plucking and waxing.
What should I expect during treatment?
While receiving treatment at our Wilmington, DE location, you will receive compassionate, professional care. We are happy to answer all the questions you may have and make suggestions that will assist in helping you get the best results possible.
Some considerations about laser hair removal are:
- If you are accustomed to daily shaving or plucking, you will need to stop while receiving treatment.
- Avoid heat and heat-inducing activities after the procedure.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight or going out without SPF.
- Most patients require two to six treatments.
- Avoid certain over-the-counter medications, as they might increase inflammation.
Am I a good candidate for laser hair removal?
Initially, lasers found it challenging to locate the hair follicle in certain skin types. This was because the machine often could not determine the difference between the pigment in the skin and pigment in the hair follicle.
New developments in laser technology have allowed for a more accurate determination of hair follicles, thereby allowing for a safer removal session. Most patients are good candidates for hair removal.
How long does it last?
Laser hair removal can last for months or even years at a time.
With repeated treatments, hair growth will be thinner and less noticeable. Because laser hair removal prevents future growth of body hair, upkeep will be easy. If you are ready to put down the shaving cream, contact Delaware Valley Dermatology Group, LLC in Wilmington, DE (302) 478-8532 for more details.
Delaware Valley Dermatology Group is now pleased to offer Procell Therapies Microchanneling with peptides, growth factors and stem cytokines!
Get ready for a fresh-faced start to 2021 with our new microchanneling procedure. No anesthetics needed, no downtime. Visible results start to appear right away growth factors and stem cytokines! MicroChanneling is microneedling… EVOLVED!
It has become one of the most sought-after and talked about treatments in aesthetic skincare.
Microchanneling creates tiny perforations in the skin that initiate a natural healing response. These perforations cause a healing cascade that produces new collagen and elastin resulting in firmer, healthier skin.
In the last few years, Microchanneling has made a huge splash because of how effective it is and how quickly it works. With as few as one treatment, Microchanneling has been shown to improve the quality of the skin. A series of treatments will improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars, age-spots/sunspots, laxity and stretch marks. And it also may stimulate hair regrowth for balding men and women!
As part of our launch of Procell Therapies Microchanneling, DVDG is offering a very special introductory rate of $195.00 (regularly $325.00) for your first treatment. Buy a package of five during the introductory period and you'll pay just $150.00 for each procedure. This pricing is available for a limited time only.
Come in for a free consultation or call us at 302-478-8532 for more information about this exciting new procedure!
Apparently, we have a great reputation among Miss Delaware USA contestants. Who knew?
At least that what's we were told by this year's title holder, Katie Guevarra. Katie came to us shortly after her big win and asked for help getting and keeping her gorgeous glow during her reign and in preparation for competing in the national event coming up this November. We're so excited for her that we are quite literally counting down the hours, minutes and seconds until her big moment on November 9th. (You may have noticed our countdown clock.) Why all the fuss? Well, since she began consulting with our director of aesthetics, Raquel Valdez, RN BSN, we've gotten the chance to get to know her and the simple fact is we like her-- a whole lot.
She's beautiful, obviously. But she is also really, really smart, articulate, exactingly professional, totally focused, thoughtful and -- wait for it-- yes, super duper nice. This is a woman you've just gotta admire and root for.
Katie has worked hard for this and we want it for her. So, we're cheering her on and counting down the days with fingers and toes crossed. Katie, go out there and bring that fancy new Miss USA crown home to Delaware. We're so proud and happy to be on your team.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.