News and Notes
It doesn’t matter how good your skincare products are, if they’re not the right ones for your type of skin or you’re not using them properly, then you won’t see any benefit. That’s why developing a good skincare routine is crucial. Dr. Michael Saruk of the Delaware Valley Dermatology Group LLC is a board-certified dermatologist based in Wilmington, DL. He knows the importance of developing a good skincare routine, and he can help you create one too.
Tips on the Best Skincare Routine
The most important thing about using a skincare routine is getting things in the right order. This is what will ensure that you make the most of your skincare products and will leave your face looking healthy and glowing.
- Cleanse your face: You should do this at the beginning of the day and in the evening before you go to bed. If you wear makeup, remove that first. Use a mild cleanser to suit your skin type. Make sure you rub the cleanser all over your face and rinse well with warm water. Pat your face dry with a soft towel. You can use an exfoliating cleanser once or twice per week, depending on your skin type.
- Use a toner: If you use a toner, apply it after cleansing. A few drops on a sponge or cotton pad is enough to tone your whole face.
- Add serum: If you use a serum to promote anti-aging and reduce the signs of wrinkles, it should be applied in the morning after you have toned your skin. An antioxidant serum will help to protect your skin from free radicals. If you use a hydrating serum, the best time to apply it is at night.
- Apply acne treatment: If you are using an acne treatment, the best time to apply it is during your evening skincare routine. This will allow your body to make the most of it while it is in repair mode overnight.
- Apply moisturizer: As well as rehydrating your skin, moisturizer also locks in the other protective layers you have added. In the morning, use a lightweight moisturizer. At night you can use a heavier cream.
- Apply sunscreen: If your moisturizer does not have sunscreen factored in, you should add one that has an SPF of at least 15. Remember, this is the most important part of your skincare routine.
Our Wilmington Office Can Help
If you need advice about your skincare routine, call Dr. Saruk at (302) 478-8532. You can also find out more about other dermatology services in Wilmington, DL.
This is a confusing time for all of us as we try to make prudent choices to safeguard wellbeing and limit the spread of the Corona virus. We would like everyone to know that we are not winging this. We are taking our lead from the Delaware Medical Society working in conjunction with the Delaware Department of Public Health (DPH). For the past two weeks, our chief operating officer has been on a nightly (now reduced to weekly) conference call for healthcare providers and office managers. The information gleaned from those calls has been used to set policy in this office.
Some have wondered if we should be open at all. The answer is yes. Our patients still need us and guidance from DPH indicates that we should remain available in person, or telephonically, as appropriate. Please, use good judgement in deciding whether or not your needs can be met via Skype, FaceTime, or over the phone. Call us if you are unsure. Also know that while the most stringent HIPAA requirements (having to do with the highest levels of electronic encryption) have been relaxed during this crisis, we always have your privacy in mind and all electronic visits will be conducted in private.
We will post updates as appropriate. Hang in there, folks.
Be Well. Stay Safe!
Due to safety concerns during the COVID-19 public health emergency, we are pleased and relieved to announce that we are now able to offer telehealth virtual office visits to patients whose concerns can be met remotely. Examples would include routine follow-up visits, acne, psoriasis care, poison ivy exposure,and wound checks. We will be scheduling teledermatology appointments daily between the hours of 1 pm and 5 pm. Your scheduler will further discuss with you the appropriatesness of a remote visit. Teledermatology appoinments are now covered by all major health insurers and Medicare, and the commercial carriers we surveyed are waiving co-pays and co-insurance during this crisis to encourage all those who can stay home,to do so. (Deductibles will still apply.)
Your virtual office visit will be conducted via Skype, Facetime for apple phone users, or any mobile phone device for audio only. Photographs may be submitted in advance of your appointment through our email: [email protected] Please have your insurance information available when you phone to schedule.
At present, teledermatology services are available to currently established patients only. We are hoping to be able to expand these services to new patients in the future.
As we age, our faces begin to portray those years, causing smile lines, wrinkles, and other creases to appear. Fortunately, here at Delaware Valley Dermatology Group LLC in Wilmington, DE, Dr. Michael Saruk can use dermal fillers to help diminish those wrinkles and lines, restoring a more youthful look.
What Are Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are gel-like, injectable substances that are injected beneath the skin. They are able to restore volume, reduce wrinkles, and enhance facial contours. They are considered a safe and cost-effective way to look younger without the downtime that surgery can bring.
What You Can Expect During Treatment
Dermal filler injections are easy to administer, with the entire process resembling these two steps:
- Pre-Treatment Consultation: During this visit to our Wilmington office, you will discuss your aesthetic concerns and goals, and review your medical history with Dr. Michael Saruk. These actions ensure that you will be satisfied with your treatment options.
- Injectable Filler Treatment: The injection are will first be cleaned and numbed using a local anesthetic. Depending on the type of filler used and the area that is being treated, results should begin to show immediately. However, full effects won't be achieved until a few days later
What Dermal Fillers Can Do
- Enhance facial contours
- Soften wrinkles and creases
- Bring back facial symmetry
- Create the appearance of fuller lips
Delaware Valley Dermatology Group, LLC Has Solutions For You
We all age, but your face doesn’t have to show it. With the help of injectable dermal fillers and the many other cosmetic restoration techniques here at our office in Wilmington, DE, we can bring back your youth. Call us today at (302) 478-8532 to schedule your consultation.
Tired of saggy facial skin, lines all over your face, uneven tone, or acne scars? If so, you may be an ideal candidate for the Infini RF Micro-needling treatment. Available from your cosmetic dermatologist, Dr. Michael Saruk of Delaware Valley Dermatology Group in Wilmington, DE, read on to learn what this treatment option can do for you.
How The Infini RF Micro-Needling Treatment Works
The Infini RF micro-needling device efficiently combines the power of radiofrequency energy and micro-needling to deliver a potent skin rejuvenating treatment that significantly softens the look of wrinkles, fine lines, and acne scars. It is also capable of erasing discolorations and tightening saggy facial skin. Here at our practice in Wilmington, DE, our cosmetic dermatologist uses Infini for addressing saggy facial skin, wrinkles, and fine lines, uneven skin texture and tone, as well as acne scarring.
The Infini RF Micro-Needling Treatment Process
Before the treatment, your skin will be thoroughly cleaned and slathered with topical anesthesia to numb it. Your doctor will then press the Infini RF micro-needling device against the treatment site, delivering RF waves into your skin. This will be done multiple times, depending on your treatment goals.
Other Vital Things to Know About Infini RF Micro-Needling
After your Infini RF session, expect your skin to feel tender and look red. There’s really no downtime, but your skin will be a bit drier than normal for the next couple of days following your treatment. In addition, because your skin will be more susceptible to sun damage and hyperpigmentation after your treatment, make sure to wear a sunscreen with at least 30spf and/or a hat when going out.
Interested? Give Us a Call
Ready to get rid of pesky wrinkles and other skin concerns that are making you look older than your actual age? Schedule a visit to our practice in Wilmington, DE, today by dialing (302) 478-8532. Our cosmetic dermatologist, Dr. Michael Saruk will listen to your skin concerns and explain how Infini RF micro-needling and other related dermatological treatments could help you.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.